Fairfax Little League Fall 2016 Equipment Exchange
Saturday, August 27, 2016, 10am to 1pm. Rain or Shine
Thaiss/Pickett Field Picnic Tables
(We'll be in the Little League Boardroom if it's raining)
Baseball’s back. Your son or daughter is excited to meet their teammates and coach and try on their new uniform. You pull out their baseball stuff and discover your little ballplayer has outgrown their cleats. And, their pants are the wrong color for this season’s team. Or, their tiny T-ball glove and bat just won’t cut it in ‘A' Ball. A tough start to the season before the first pitch has been thrown. We may be able to help.
The Fairfax Little League Equipment Exchange is an opportunity for families to exchange gently-used baseball equipment and clothing - bats, gloves, cleats, pants, belts, socks, batting helmets, equipment bags, catcher's gear, etc. Bring your too-small equipment and clothing and swap it for the right size and color. There is no cost to participate in our Exchange nor do you have to leave something to take something. More than 375 families have participated in the Exchange over the past few seasons.
We have in-person Exchanges prior to each Spring and Fall baseball season. All Fairfax Little League families and alumni are welcome to participate - we just ask when your child has outgrown a item of clothing or baseball equipment, your family "pays it forward" so another child can benefit from the Exchange. If you can’t make the August 27th Exchange, please use the Fairfax Little League Equipment Exchange page on Facebook for in-season exchanges.
Please be sure bats comply with Little League International standards. To check, go to FairfaxLL.com and click on 'Parents FAQs.’
If you’d like to volunteer to help on August 27 or have a question about the Equipment Exchange, please email
2016 Fairfax Little League (FxLL) Annual General Membership Meeting
When: Monday, 26 September 8:00 - 9:00 pm
Where: Thaiss Board Room: 3401 Pickett Road, Fairfax, VA 22031
1. Present status of Fairfax Little League (FxLL Board and the American and National League Presidents)
2. Review of Minutes from the 2015 Annual Membership Meeting (FxLL Board Secretary)
3. Review of the FxLL Constitution (FxLL Board President)
4. Review of funds received and expended by FxLL for the previous year, the amount of funds currently in possession of FxLL, and the name of the financial institution in which such funds are maintained (FxLL Board Treasurer)
5. Review of all real and personal property owned by FxLL, where located, and where and how invested (FxLL Board Treasurer)
6. Review for the previous year, the amount and nature of all property acquired, with the date of the report and the manner of the acquisition, the amount applied, appropriated or expended, and the purposes, objects or persons to or for which such applications, appropriations or expenditures have been made (FxLL Board Treasurer)
7. Report the names of the persons who have been admitted to regular membership in the Local League during such year. This report shall be filed with the records of FxLL and entered in the minutes of the proceedings of the Annual Meeting. A copy of such report shall be forwarded to Little League International (FxLL Board Secretary)
8. Election of FxLL Board Members (FxLL Board President)
Open Board Positions:
- Fund Raising Director
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Fields and Grounds - National League
- Coaching Coordinator
If you are interested in volunteering to fill one of the above open Board positions or just want to learn more about what being a board member entails please send us an email at:
and we will put you in touch with our Board Secretary and Board President.